Tuesday 25 August 2015

blue, blue sea

As said before...many, many times, I find it hard to do male cards - I get really stuck on the embellishments, can't really stick a doily on them.
But this lovely image speaks for itself, so there was no need to embellish much.

 
Gecko Galz august email freebie
blue embroidery thread
blue buttons
blue card
 
In CAP2, I picked out my chosen image, resized it to be my topper and then copied and pasted it, so I had a second image to use if needed. After trying various digi kit materials to use as the backing paper and not getting anything looking right re the colour tone, I had the idea of enlarging the second copy of the image and using that, after settling on the right placement, I used the transparency tool and lightened the picture.
With the topper, I drew a square, resized it to fit as a frame then colour matched it to the sea, same with the sentiment.
 
Printed everything out and played around with the placement of everything & stuck everything down.
 
(Used a DoCrafts corner punch to round off the corners of the frame, makes it 'pop' out more from the background. I wanted to use some blue/white cotton twine on the card somewhere, so I punched holes round the edges of the background - following a stitched design on the card, but I didn't have a big enough needle to take the twine, so substituted with embroidery thread  instead. Stuck two buttons over the ends to make a 'full stop'.)

entering in: cheerful stamp pad - happy birthday
                    digitally sweet challenges - celebrations
                   the crafty addicts - anything goes
                    Gecko Galz Closed Papercrafting Group on Facebook

4 comments:

  1. this is a gorgeous card. I love the way you used the compass twice. thanks for playing along at the cheerful stamp pad! and good luck with the gecko galz facebook challenge as well! xo from Michele (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For someone who doesn't "do" male cards this is wonderful, I like the stitching too. Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for the Cheerful Stamp Pad challenge 118, Hazel, DT - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Amanda. Your card was chosen as the winner of my Birthday challenge. Please send me your full name. Send to vickiromaine@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete