Wednesday 26 August 2015

there be treasure

Digital page done for a challenge over on the Gecko Galz facebook page, its a Closed group so you have to request to join.
The challenge name was Cruise the High Seas. When I saw the ship it reminded me of The Goonies *headdesk*
So I decided to go with treasure, when I googled that, the obvious link was to Treasure Island...Doh! -  I was still distracted by The Goonies *lol* A Wikipedia page came up and it the first line included the words "Buccaneers and buried gold" which was perfect for what I wanted.
Scrolling down the page there was a hand drawn map by Robert Louis Stevenson of Treasure Island, itself - which I used on the page, rolled up as if its just been found by the person who's looking for the treasure

the map details:
  • Original source: Beidecke Library
  • Transferred from cs.wikipedia; transferred to Commons by User:Sevela.p using CommonsHelper.


  •  
    background map Gecko Galz  'Old World Maps 1'
    image Gecko Galz 'Life Altering'
    map from Wikipedia (see notes)
    compass Gecko Galz 'Od World Maps 2'
    digi frame 'Shabby Chic'
     
     
     
     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment