Tuesday 26 January 2016

Space Oddity

Over at Digitally Sweet this months challenge is a colour one,

                                                  
 
Perfect for todays weather, very windy and quite cold, You can imagine being at the coast and watching those waves crash against the cliffs with the biting sea air whipping around your face.
 
So here's my entry, I actually made this about a week ago, once all the furore had settled down about David Bowie sadly passing away,  and have only just got round to blogging it.
 
The image and the words from Space Oddity just work together.
 
Its a simple piece, the only really fiddly bit was getting rid of the writing, situated bottom left of the image which is actually an old advertisement for Buchans Carbolic Soap, and was a freebie from Fripperies and Butterflies, go check out her blog - beautiful makes, designs, ideas and the odd freebie.
 
And this one is 100% digital.
 
 
 
 
Using CAP2, I imported the image to fit half my workpage and then Using photolab I removed the background of the image, leaving the moon & lady visible, and placed her on the left so I could write on the page. I used the eraser tool to rub out the wording at her feet.
I had already copied the resized image, and so cropped the image till only the sky was showing and then used that to fill the remaining of the page, using it more like a stamp I guess, especially when covering the 'rubbed' out words, had to blend the edges in a couple of areas to make it look like the sky was one piece.
Then picking the colour up from the paint swatch, used the words of the song
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Digitally Sweet for our "Colour" Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW wonderful piece of work, I LOVE it. Thank you for entering your digital work into the Digitally Sweet Challenge. Hope to see more of your digital work with us.

    ReplyDelete