Friday 4 March 2016

mothers day card

Mothering Sunday is this weekend in the UK. Sunday 6th, so I needed to make a card for Delia.

And shock!horror! going doily free for this.


baking paper - Gecko Galz 'Coquette' design kit paper no5
image - Gecko Galz 'Victorian Spring' design kit icon no 20
old postcard
Wildfire wood white pearls
Lace
flower lace
hobbycraft small white posy
encore metallic ink in bronze
pigment ink in black
Xcut corner punch

Using CAP2, I resized the backing paper to fit a card slightly smaller than A5 and then sized the image. Printed out, cut out and then fiddled with the design till it ended up as you see in the finished project. I choose a blank backed postcard and then rounded the edges using my corner punch. I smudged both inks over it to make it look a bit shabbier, did the same with the image as the whiteness was too much against the other colours used. I stuck the postcard down, then lay the lace over and then finally glued the image down. Everything else was then stuck down.
The sentiment was done in CAP2 also, colour matching the blue from the little girls bow.

Hope Delia likes it as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment