Monday 15 May 2017

D is for Decoupage & Gold

Killed two birds with one with this card, sat and made it Thursday as I needed to send a card to Carole from the card group as it was her birthday Friday... in my defense I thought it was the 14th not the 12th.
I hunted high and low for a piece of acetate with a gold pattern on, which I knew was going to be perfect for the Butterfly challenge but I couldn't find it..... it IS there somewhere! Though I did find the piece of vellum which I used so all in all, not a bad search.

It was a A5 sized vellum sheet with gold butterflies on, so rather than die cutting which I was originally going to do, I simply cut out four of the butterflies, one I folded and creased in the middle to make it stick up when I decoupaged it on top of one of the other butterflies - I used silicon glue to make it stay raised up when stuck on.


Using memento glam gold ink I stamped the greeting on then stuck the butterflies around it, finishing the card off with three little white pearls for the butterfly antennae.

entering in: Butterfly challenge - D is for decoupage/colour gold

1 comment:

  1. Love these butterflies. Glad the vellum came to the rescue. It is so annoying when you know you have an item and just can't think/find where it is. Thankyou for fluttering into the butterfly garden. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete