Friday 2 February 2018

Featured day at Gecko Galz

Made this card for Andrew's birthday, I wanted to do a different style of card so I googled 'stepper card' and eventually landed on card making magics template. One attempt went a bit wrong, so I tried again and managed this one.
The backing paper is 'Bygone Days' from the 'Steampunk Papers' kit, I printed it on an A4 sheet so I could choose which bits of the  pattern I wanted to show.
The two images are from 'Man O Man' design sheet 1 & 2 backed onto dark chocolate mirri card. The sentiment is a Visible Image one, stamped in Encore Bronze ink, the cogs came from Craft Box.



On to something dainty now!  I have a lot, and I do mean a lot, of bookmarks. Most are upstairs languishing in a drawer waiting for me to think up a way to display them as a collection. In the mean time I have a few floating round the house, but when I'm reading - can I find one? No. So whilst I was looking for images to use for the PUTTING ON THE GREEN, I came across this pretty butterfly one and thought it would be perfect as a bookmark.All I did was resize it to fit a normal paper back book, backed it on to some lime paper then onto a piece of thickish card. Punched a hole through, tied a ribbon and that's one bookmark finished.


And back on to Steampunk! When I was printing the card images out I also printed this one out, thinking it would be an apt bookmark.

This image also came from 'Man O Man', cogs from Craft Box, ribbon from stash. No idea why the background has gone blue - it was white....


For these and many more designs, check out the Gecko Galz Etsy shop



2 comments: